Below are the best information about Ice cream cake crunch public topics compiled and compiled by our team
Last Updated on May 12, 2022 by Karen
This post is in partnership with Acorn Influence and OREO & Chips Ahoy! Dessert Toppings
Layered with vanilla and chocolate ice cream, plus cookie crunch and hot fudge, this ice cream cake is sure to be a big crowd-pleaser!
Summer is here and there’s no better way to celebrate with your family than with a delicious ice cream treat! Growing up, I always requested an ice cream cake instead of a plain vanilla or chocolate cake for my birthday even though it is in the Spring. Eating ice cream in a cake form instead of in a bowl or in cones just makes it that much more special!
Whether for a birthday or a summer party, I always try to find a reason to make this ice cream cake. This no-bake, super simple recipe is made up of layers of goodness, all equally important and delicious.
To make this ice cream cake, 5 ingredients are all you need:
- Ice Cream (2 flavors) – I start with the classic chocolate and vanilla ice cream combo, but you can customize with whatever flavor you choose. Strawberry, butter pecan, and mint chocolate would be tasty.
- Cookie toppings – I used a combination of Chips Ahoy! and OREO Dessert Toppings
- Hot fudge – Don’t heat up the hot fudge before pouring it over the cookie toppings, otherwise, it could melt the ice cream layer while you are assembling the cake.
- Whipped topping – You can also use homemade whipped cream for decoration.
I’m sure you’ll agree that middle layer of cookie crunch is the best part of the cake. Sometimes I’d just dig that right out from between the ice cream and eat it alone. So good!
To make the cookie crunch layer, I used Chips Ahoy! and OREO Dessert Toppings which makes it a breeze to assemble this cake. Not to mention, everyone just loves putting these toppings on their ice cream sundaes. Both of these products can be found in-store at Walmart and via online grocery pickup or delivery.
Here are some tips for making the ice cream cake:
- Make sure you line the inside of the springform pan with plastic wrap for easy removal. It helps in transferring the cake to a platter or cake stand for decorating and cutting.
- Setting the cake in room temperature for a few minutes also helps the sides pull away from the springform pan.
- Letting the ice cream thaw out slightly before spooning it into the pan helps create an even layer without air bubbles.
- I like a taller cake so I used an 8-inch springform pan. You can also use a 9-inch pan for a larger, shorter cake.
- There is a lot of refreezing between steps. To save time, you can prepare the ice cream layers individually in two separate cake pans and assemble afterwards.
This ice cream cake is actually a great recipe to make ahead. You can layer everything together, cover it and leave it in the pan for several days. The day before or the day you want to serve it, you can frost and decorate, so that the decorations look fresh.
I hope you try this homemade Cookie Crunch Ice Cream Cake Recipe! Whether it’s for a birthday, a pool party, an anniversary or just because, this recipe is sure to bring a smile to your face.