Here are the best information about Vegan coconut ice cream voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
This coconut ice cream is sweet, creamy, and uses coconut milk! Made with just 3 ingredients, there is NO ice cream maker required!
The best coconut ice cream
You might remember that I’ve already showed you a few dairy free ice cream recipes- like oat milk ice cream and almond milk ice cream– but neither of them are as creamy as this.
That said, you have two options in how you make it- either in a blender or in a traditional ice cream maker!
Regardless of which option you choose, the ice cream will be sweet, creamy, and perfectly scoopable.
If you are worried that this may taste like coconut, don’t fret: it isn’t overpowering and you can completely mask the flavor!
It’s completely dairy free and refined sugar free, and you can easily make it keto friendly!
Oh, and if you are watching your carbs, each scoop has less than 2 grams of carbs.
What is coconut ice cream made of?
This dessert needs just 3 ingredients to make and if you’ve made any of my other healthy desserts, you’ve probably got them all in your kitchen. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Coconut milk. Full fat and chilled coconut milk from a can. Do not use coconut milk from a carton or your ice cream won’t set.
- Cashew OR almond butter. I enjoy using almond butter, but the cashew option works. If you’d like this recipe to be nut free, you can use tahini or sunflower seed butter.
- Maple syrup. Adds sweetness with no refined sugar. To keep it keto friendly, use keto maple syrup.
How to make coconut milk ice cream
Simple is an understatement when it comes to this recipe.
You follow a simple 3-step process to make it and no ice cream make required.
Ready to make some ice cream?
Step 1- Prepare ice cream
Start by adding all your ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Choose a blender with ice blending capabilities.
Step 2- Let it set
Next, transfer into a loaf tin or freezer friendly container. If you can, place the loaf pan in the freezer first so it can chill prior to adding the mix into it.
Place the coconut milk ice cream mixture into the freezer and for the first hour, stir it every 10-15 minutes. After the first hour, let it freeze for a further 3 hours.
Step 3- Serve
Now, remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, to thaw slightly, before scooping and serving.
Can I make this in an ice cream maker?
If you have an ice cream maker, you can definitely make this coconut milk ice cream in it!
Follow the blender directions and freeze the mixture for about 45 minutes. Once it has frozen slightly, transfer it to the ice cream maker. Follow the ice cream maker instructions until thick and creamy. Transfer to the freezer and allow to freeze for an hour.
Tips to make the best recipe
- Freeze your loaf pan/container prior to adding the ice cream mixture into it. This helps the ice cream freeze faster and helps it avoid any freezer burns.
- You must stir the mixture every 10-15 minutes for the first hour. This helps the ice cream from solidifying too quickly and helps make it scoopable.
- For an even creamier and smoother texture, add 1 ounce (1 standard shot) of vodka. This doesn’t add any alcohol flavor.
The beauty of this coconut ice cream recipe is how easy it is to change up the flavor! Here are some of our favorites:
- Peanut butter: Swap out the almond butter for creamy peanut butter.
- Cookie dough: Fold through 1/2 cup of edible cookie dough and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Mint chocolate chip: Add 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Caramel pecan: swirl through 1/2 cup of caramel syrup and 1/4 cup of finely chopped pecans.
- Strawberry: Add 1-2 cups of frozen strawberries.
- Chocolate: Add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Lemon coconut: Add 2 teaspoons of lemon extract and 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes.
- To store: Store leftovers in the freezer in its container for up to 2 months.
- To serve: Remove the ice cream from the freezer 15 minutes before serving, to let it thaw out slightly.
More ice cream recipes to try
- Keto ice cream
- Avocado ice cream
- Ice cream bars
- Peanut butter ice cream
- Protein ice cream