Below is a list of the best Vanilla ice cream milkshake voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Vanilla milkshake is probably the most-loved milkshake in the world. Learn how to make the best homemade vanilla milkshake that’s rich and creamy in 5 minutes.
You know we love our milkshake recipes, from mango milkshake to chocolate milkshake, coconut milkshake and everything in between, we always have time and appetite for delicious milkshakes. This classic vanilla milkshake is one that we love because it’s so simple and always tastes excellent. Creamy and delicious, this vanilla milkshake is anything but basic! Make sure to check out my complete tutorial on how to make a milkshake to learn everything about this delicious treat!
- Why this recipe works
- Tips to make a good milkshake
- Ingredients and substitutions
- How to make vanilla milkshake
- How to serve
- Frequently asked questions
- More milkshake recipes
- Step-by-Step Recipe
If you own a blender and love ice cream, you can make any milkshake at home. It takes less than 2 minutes to make a killer milkshake and it would save you a lot of time and money compared to getting one at the store around the corner. Plus, you can get all creative with additional ingredients and flavors.
Today’s simple and easy milkshake is indeed a classic. Made with only three ingredients, this is a simple summer treat that both adults and kids love. Keep reading for more information about how to make the best milkshake at home.
Tips to make a good milkshake
- Keep the glasses cold: To do so, place the clean glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once you pour the milkshake into the glasses, they would make it even colder and tastier. Try not to skip this step when making a milkshake at home.
- Use the good stuff: Milkshake is an indulgent treat. It’s best to use whole milk and full fat ice cream so you can get that rich and creamy texture.
- Serve immediately: You need to serve the milkshake right away, therefore it’s best to make it when you’re ready to serve.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Ice cream: I prefer using vanilla bean ice cream for more flavor. The specks of vanilla you see in the ice cream, that’s where all the flavor is. You can also use regular vanilla ice cream.
- Milk: Using cold whole milk helps make the milkshake creamy. I don’t recommend using 1% or skim milk for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract: This is an optional and extra step but using a high quality vanilla extract gives a bold flavor to the vanilla shake. Check out this article to learn more about vanilla and how to store it.
Sometimes, I use a cup of ice in my milkshake as well to make it frothy. This is not a necessary ingredient and you can absolutely skip it.
- Add a chocolate chip cookie to the rest of the ingredients and blend everything together for a chocolate chip cookie milkshake.
- Sprinkles will give you a birthday cake milkshake!
- Some chocolate syrup inside the glass to make marble milkshake.
Frequently asked questions
More milkshake recipes
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!