Below is a list of the best Chocolate peanutbutter ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
This chocolate peanut butter ice cream is a delicious chocolatey ice cream swirled with thick ribbons of creamy peanut butter making it the perfect ice cream for chocolate and peanut butter lovers.
This homemade chocolate peanut butter ice cream is so tasty! This chocolate ice cream is a delicious egg free ice cream, that is thick, creamy, and so delicious! It’s extra rich with two types of chocolate in the ice cream, both melted chocolate and cocoa powder.
We love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter over here. It might even be our favorite flavor combination, with our chocolate peanut butter bundt cake, chocolate peanut butter trail mix, or chocolate peanut butter fudge.
This homemade ice cream is deliciously creamy, rich, and chocolatey – with delicious swirls of peanut butter, it’s a match made in heaven.
July Ice Cream Challenge:
We’ve started something new this year, where we do a monthly recipe challenge. For the month of July, the theme is ice cream! At the end of the month, I’ll randomly select one entry to be the winner and send them a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
Here’s How to enter our July Ice Cream Challenge:
- Choose any ice cream recipe from our website, and make it! It could be any ice cream recipe recipe from our site! We have a great variety of ice cream recipes, you’re bound to find something you love from custards, to no cook, to no churn ice creams. Here are some of my favorites: strawberry ice cream, vanilla ice cream, cake batter ice cream, chocolate brownie ice cream, mint chocolate ice cream, and more.
- Send me a picture of the recipe you made. Snap a quick picture on your phone and email it to me at [email protected], or you can DM it to me on instagram @lmldfood.
- Get Bonus Entries by leaving a comment with a review on the recipe you made. Make sure to let me know in the comment that you made it for our July Ice Cream Recipe Challenge so I can keep track!
- Make as many ice cream recipes as you want, and get entered each time you make one and send me a photo.
The challenge is open to anyone over 18 years of age, and runs from July 1st, 2021 to July 31, 2021. The winner will be randomly selected. The odds of winning depend on how many entries are received. I will reach out via email or Instagram to notify the winner on August 1, 2021.
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream?
You’ll need an ice cream maker for this recipe, so make sure to freeze the bowl for your ice cream maker at least 12 hours before you want to churn your ice cream.
Chop up the chocolate and place it into a medium to large bowl.
Add the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar and cocoa powder to a medium sized sauce pan and heat over medium. Stir it all together and continue cooking until the cocoa powder and sugar are dissolved into the mixture.
Pour the heavy cream mixture over the chocolate and let it sit for about a minute to help the hot cream melt the chocolate. Then whisk it all together until the chocolate is totally melted. Then stir in the vanilla extract and a dash of salt.
Cover the bowl and place the mixture in the fridge to chill for an hour or two.
When you’re ready to make the ice cream, start your ice cream maker and let it do the hard work, pour the liquid chocolate mixture into the running ice cream maker and let it run according to the manufactures directions.
When the ice cream is done churning scoop it into a 2quart, scoop in about 1/4 to 1/3 of the ice cream at a time, thin drizzle some melted peanut butter over the top, then more ice cream, more peanut butter more ice cream. You get it. Cover the pan and place it in the freezer to get nice and solid for at least 6 hours, or longer (I usually do overnight).
Then when you’re ready, scoop up the ice cream and enjoy!
Tips for making Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream:
- Add in up to 1 cup of mix-ins into your ice cream, I really like adding chopped up brownie pieces, mini peanut butter cups, chocolate chunks or pretzels.
- If you want a darker chocolate ice cream, try using dark cocoa powder, or a dark chocolate bar.
- For the creamiest ice cream definitely stick with the heavy cream, and whole milk as called for – but for a little bit lighter ice cream you can substitute half and half and a lower fat milk if desired.
This homemade chocolate peanut butter ice cream is the perfect ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s perfect for chocolate peanut butter lovers, and you’ll want to make it all summer long!
More ice cream recipes:
- No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
Connect with Like Mother, Like Daughter
Be sure to follow us on social media, so you never miss a single post!
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Email
This chocolate peanut butter ice cream was first posted on August 11, 2011. The photos and text were updated for clarity on July 2, 2021.