Here are the best information about Butterscotch ice cream recipe public topics compiled and compiled by our team
butterscotch icecream recipe | homemade butterscotch ice cream with jaggery in a detailed photo and video recipe. an extremely popular ice cream recipe made with cooking cream, jaggery, and condensed milk. this ice cream recipe is known for its creamy taste, flavor and crunchy butterscotch crystals you get while scooping each bite. generally, the butterscotch sweet crunch or praline are made with caramelized brown sugar with butterscotch essence, but for the sake of health aspects and feasibility, i have used jaggery for the same purpose.
butterscotch icecream recipe | homemade butterscotch ice cream with step by step photo and video recipe. ice cream recipes are always on huge demand across india, especially with younger age audience. the most common ones are chocolate, vanilla, and mango ice cream but there are other variants too which are known for its flavor and creaminess. one such hugely popular ice cream flavor is butterscotch flavor ice cream known for its crunchy sugar crystals, creaminess, and dissolving flavor.
as i was explaining earlier, butterscotch icecream recipes are generally made with brown sugar or white sugar. in other words, brown sugar is caramelized and mixed with dry fruits to make sugar crunch or praline confectionery. however, in this recipe, i have introduced a twist by using jaggery as an alternative. with the use of jaggery, it not only makes it healthy but also a practical solution for many indian household kitchens. brown sugar may not be easily available for many and some may not prefer to use white sugar. for those, this homemade butterscotch ice cream with jaggery is an ideal alternative that easily quenches your sugar thirst.
anyway, before i wrap up, i would like to add some more tips, suggestions, and variants to homemade butterscotch ice cream recipe. firstly, in this recipe, i have used jaggery as an alternative to making sweet crunch but that is not mandatory. you may fall back to the traditional way and use brown sugar or white sugar if you are not comfortable with jaggery. secondly, in this recipe, i have not added sugar and added condensed milk to get the sweetness for this ice cream. having said that, this is not a diabetic-friendly recipe and if you have sugar problems, avoid this recipe completely. lastly, if you wish to make it more creamy, you may beat the semi-frozen ice cream once or twice. basically you have to freeze it for 3-4 hours, beat it and freeze it again for a more creamy texture.
finally, i request you to check my other detailed dessert recipes collection with this post of butterscotch icecream recipe. it mainly includes my other ice cream variants like, banana ice cream, rasgulla, chocolate kulfi, shrikhand, bhapa doi, mango mousse, mango mastani, mango jelly, lapsi, chana dal payasam. further to these i would also like to mention my other related recipe categories like,
- indian sweet recipes
- snacks recipes
- sandwich recipes
butterscotch icecream video recipe:
recipe card for homemade butterscotch ice cream recipe:
how to make butterscotch icecream with step by step photo:
sweet crunch / praline preparation:
- firstly, in a pan take ½ cup jaggery and 2 tbsp water.
- stir and dissolve the jaggery keeping the flame on medium.
- once the jaggery melts, add 1 tsp butter and give a good mix.
- boil for 6-7 minutes or until the syrup turns frothy. check the consistency, by dropping syrup into a bowl of water, it should form hardball and cut with a snap sound. else boil for another minute and check.
- further add 2 tbsp cashew and give a good mix.
- pour the mixture over greased plate and allow to cool completely.
- break into pieces and transfer to a zip lock bag.
- crush the praline into pieces. keep aside.
butterscotch ice cream preparation:
- firstly, in a large bowl take 2 cup heavy cream and 3 drops yellow food color.
- beat on low speed. you can also use a whisk to beat the cream.
- beat until stiff peaks are formed.
- now add 1 cup condensed milk and 1 tsp butterscotch essence. if you do not have access to butterscotch essence, you can use vanilla extract.
- beat and mix until everything is well combined.
- further, add 3 tbsp of prepared praline and mix gently.
- transfer the ice cream mixture into a glass box.
- top with few praline pieces and cover tight.
- now freeze for 8 hours or until it sets completely.
- finally, enjoy butterscotch ice cream with tutti frutti.
- firstly, make sure to use heavy cream else the ice cream will not be creamy.
- also, adjust the amount of condensed milk, to your sweetness.
- traditionally, praline is prepared with sugar. to give a healthy twist, i have prepared with jaggery. trust me it tastes divine.
- finally, butterscotch ice cream recipe tastes great for 1 month when frozen in an airtight container.