Below are the best information about Banana pudding cupcakes voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Best Banana Pudding Cupcakes Recipe
We love cupcakes at our house! What’s not to love, right? The versatility of flavor combinations and sweet fillings are only limited by your imagination. They don’t require forks or spoons with the bonus of being portable! I often make multiple flavors of frosted and filled cupcakes and have done so for many years. These filled banana pudding filled cupcakes are the epitome of homestyle desserts and they’re always a hit whenever they’re served.
How to Make Southern Banana Pudding Cupcakes
My lifelong obsession with banana pudding recipes brought this particular cupcake to life, and it remains one of my most popular recipes to date. I’ve even had brides who loved these pudding filled cupcakes so much that they served them at their wedding receptions. My dream for this banana pudding cupcake was to combine two desserts to make one delectable handheld treat and that’s exactly what it does.
- Can I make a homemade vanilla cake for the cupcakes? Of course, yes you can. If you prefer to bake completely from scratch, you may like to use my recipe for Old Fashioned Butter Cake in place of the cake mix. It works like a charm.
- How do you keep bananas from turning brown? You can toss the banana chunks with a small amount of lemon juice to slow the oxidation, if you’re concerned. Mainly it’s important that they stay submerged in the pudding without exposure to air. While you can’t stop it altogether, rest assured it doesn’t happen immediately either.
- This recipe uses instant pudding not cook and serve. If you’d like to make homemade pudding, checkout my recipe for Old Fashioned Banana Pudding.
- When filling the centers of the cupcakes keep in mind it will set in the fridge and doesn’t have to be fully set when it’s initially made.
- How far in advance can you make these banana cupcakes? Due to the potential for the bananas to brown, it’s best to fill cupcakes no more than one day in advance. You can also prepare the banana pudding filling and bake the cupcakes one day ahead of time. When doing so, you can then assemble them and frost them with whipped cream just before serving to save time.
- Can I garnish these cupcakes with fresh banana slices? Only if you plan to do so just before serving or they’ll turn brown. A vanilla wafer or a dried banana slice are the best choices for garnishing.
- Store filled cupcakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Cupcakes can be baked and cooled then frozen for up to 1 month, then thaw and fill before serving. Do not fill and freeze these banana pudding cupcakes.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- Regular Muffin/Cupcake Pans
- Cupcake Liners
- Electric Hand Mixer
- Collapsible Cupcake Carrier