Below are the best information about Kesar badam ice cream recipe voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
Chikoo Kulfi/ Sapodilla Kulfi – a kulfi recipe using fresh cream and fresh fruit puree.
Thandai Kulfi – using homemade thandai powder, khoya and fresh cream.
Mango Kulfi – here I’ve used fresh mango puree, evaporated milk and fresh cream.
Quick Kulfi Recipe – using condensed milk, milk powder and fresh fruit puree.
Sunday Funday is a group of Food Bloggers. Every Sunday we share some fun, traditional, hearty or easy recipes to make Sunday Family Meals a bit more exciting. To join this fun group, visit the Sunday Funday Facebook Page. Request to join in.
Theme: Let’s Celebrate National Ice Cream Day.
This year the National/ International Ice Cream Day falls on 18th July, so make sure you enjoy a frozen treat of your choice, be it an ice cream, sorbet, kulfi or popsicles. I suggested this theme to the group and I think its come at the right time. Summer temperatures are soaring in Montreal and we definitely need something cooling. My contribution for the theme is Badam Kesar Pista Kulfi, a popular dessert with my family and friends.
This post was first published on 01/12/2012. While the recipe remains the same, I’ve added new photos and written the post in a more constructed manner.
Till a couple of years ago, I had no idea that there was a National Ice Cream Day. Yes it actually exists and if you google some even call it the International Ice Cream Day. Anything just to enjoy a frozen treat.. don’t you agree?
National Ice Cream Month and Day initiated by Senator Walter Dee Huddleston of Kentucky in 1984 is celebrated world wide. Furthermore, in the same year President Ronald Reagan proclaimed July as the National Ice Cream Month and July 15th as the National Ice Cream Day. Nowadays National Ice Cream Day falls on the third Sunday of July.
Here’s How The Rest Of The Members Are Celebrating National Ice Cream Day:
- Blackberry Pistachio Crunch Sundae by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Rabri Mango Kulfi by Sneha’s Recipe
- Green Tea Ice Cream by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Kesar Badam Pista Kulfi by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- No Churn Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Roasted Cherry Buttermilk Ice Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Summery Cherry Pie Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
Ingredients Required For Badam Kesar Pista Kulfi
- Full Fat Milk – full fat milk or whole which is normally 3% and higher.
- Khoya – or mawa. Usually made by boiling full fat milk till it becomes solid or milk powder is mixed with cream to make a solid milk mass. Khoya or mawa is what adds to the creaminess of the kulfi. Ready made khoya is easily available in Indian Stores.
- Sugar – add according to your taste. Here I usually use normal white sugar.
- Almonds – badam
- Pistachios – pista
- Nutmeg powder – jaiphal
- Cardamom Powder – elachi
- Saffron – kesar