Below are the best information about Cado ice cream ingredients voted by users and compiled by us, invite you to learn together
This avocado ice cream is so creamy, made with only six ingredients and doesn’t require an ice cream maker! It’s also vegan and gluten-free!
Move over banana ice cream, there’s a new fruit-based ice cream in town. It’s avocado ice cream, aka ice cream made with creamy avocados and it’s the bomb. While “the bomb” isn’t really in my everyday vocabulary, there’s really no better way to describe this delicious, creamy treat.
I love banana ice cream and make it frequently during the summer months (my faves: chocolate banana ice cream and oatmeal raisin ice cream), but I know there are people out there who don’t like bananas.
What Does Avocado Ice Cream Taste Like?
Lucky for you, avocados have a super mild flavor so your avocado ice cream will taste like the flavors and toppings you mix in. I love adding mint, with fresh leaves or peppermint extract, and chocolate chips for a mint chip variation but the options are endless!
Ingredients in Avocado Ice Cream
- ripe avocados – make sure you use ripe avocados! The flesh should give slightly when you press on it. Avocado makes this ice cream super creamy and adds healthy fats!
- dairy-free milk – I like using unsweetened vanilla almond milk but any dairy-free milk works!
- liquid sweetener – I like to use maple syrup but feel free to use your sweetener of choice!
- coconut oil – make sure you’re using extra virgin coconut oil. I’ve purchased several different brands of coconut oil before, but Nutiva organic extra virgin coconut oil is my favorite.
- peppermint extract – to really pack a minty punch.
- mini chocolate chips – I like to buy the EnjoyLife or Lily’s dairy-free chocolate chips.
Obviously this is a mint chocolate chip ice cream but if you’re not a mint + chocolate fan, that’s okay! Ditch the peppermint and chocolate chips and try these variations instead:
- chocolate – add 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon cacao powder or cocoa powder along with cacao nibs or chocolate chips for a chocolate version.
- berry – add fresh or frozen berries for a sweet twist!
- citrus – want to make a refreshing citrus ice cream? Add in lime or lemon juice or zest.
- nuts – I love adding a little extra texture to my ice cream. Add chopped pistachios, walnuts, pecans or almonds. Pistachio ice cream would be perfect since the avocado ice cream is already green.
How to Prep Avocado Ice Cream
One of the best parts about this avocado ice cream recipe is how simple it is!
And, you don’t need an ice cream maker… just a high powered blender or food processor. Add all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Stir in the chocolate chips and transfer the mixture into a freezer-safe container. I lined a loaf pan with parchment paper! Put the container in the freezer for 4-5 hours so the ice cream can set. Top with your favorite ingredients and enjoy!
More vegan no-bake desserts you might enjoy!
- Strawberry Coconut Milk Sorbet
- Chocolate Covered Banana Pops
- 3-Ingredient Icebox Cake
- Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bars
- Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Bars