Below is a list of the best Rocky road ice cream recipes voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Creamy chocolate Rocky Road Ice Cream filled with chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and chocolate-covered almonds. Made with sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream, it’s a delicious homemade treat.
Are there any rocky road fans out there?
If you’re anything like me, you have a soft spot for the magical combination that is chocolate, marshmallows and nuts. And when you take rocky road and turn it into Rocky Road Ice Cream – well then you’re on a whole new level of deliciousness.
Introducing my no churn American Rocky Road Ice Cream.
I think I might have a small obsession with rocky road. We have made SO many amazing rocky road treats together, from Rolo Rocky Road (filled with gooey caramel rolos) to my Smores Rocky Road and even Rocky Road Cheesecake.
But now, it’s all about that Rocky Road Ice Cream. I just know you are going to love this one.
It’s starts with a creamy chocolate ice cream base made with sweetened condensed milk, cream and real chocolate. Off to a good start right?
Then comes the mix-in’s. Now I call this American Rocky Road Ice Cream because it uses almonds. In Australia, we usually use peanuts in our rocky road, but I gotta say, almonds work PERFECTLY in this recipe. First, we coat the almonds in white chocolate.
I know, can you even?
Along with the choc coated almonds, we also add mini marshmallows and chocolate chips or chocolate chopped by hand (whatever you have on hand).
SO MUCH GOODNESS in every bite.
This is a no churn recipe which means you don’t need an ice cream machine. All you need is an electric mixer, a freezer and a whole lotta patience – waiting for the ice cream to set. But that’s ok, you can eat the leftover marshmallows in the meantime 😜
TIPS FOR MAKING ROCKY ROAD ICE CREAM
- You’ll need an electric mixer to make this recipe.
- Start by melting the white chocolate and adding the almonds. Stir to coat and then spread the almonds out on a plate lined with baking or greaseproof paper. Place the almonds in the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, get started on the ice cream base. Start by whipping together sweetened condensed milk, melted chocolate, cocoa powder and vanilla.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the cream. Make sure you whip the cream until stiff peaks form as this will help the ice cream to set.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Roughly chopped the chocolate-covered almonds, then add to the chocolate ice cream, along with the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Pour ice cream into a container with a lid or cover tightly with plastic wrap. You’ll need to freeze the ice cream for at least 8 hours, or even better, overnight.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Hungry for more? Join me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for more amazing recipe ideas.
This recipe was first published on Sweetest Menu in January 2015.