Here are the top best Low calorie dairy free ice cream voted by readers and compiled and edited by our team, let’s find out
Let’s not kid ourselves—every season is ice cream season. But as the days get longer and we all shed our winter wear, the craving for this sweet frozen treat is in full-force. There’s no way we’re going to deny ourselves a regular vegan scoop or two, but then again, we’re pretty proud of our spring training and the toned summer bod we’ve built. Lucky for us, the universe has once again provided—this time, it’s vegan low-calorie ice cream we’re thankful for. Once only available in dairy options, the trend has captured the vegan market, allowing everyone to have their cake (er … ice cream) and eat it, too. No need to go running when you hear the Pavlovian jingle of the ice cream truck; simply stock up on these five awesome low-calorie, dairy-free pints.
1. Halo TopFor those who crave variety, Halo Top is your best bet. This low-calorie company led the charge in the freezer aisle, gaining a cult following for its original selection of dairy-based, 360-calorie-or-less pints. In 2017, the international brand launched its first seven non-dairy flavors, igniting many an in-home vegan sundae celebration. Less than two years later, the non-dairy range includes seventeen vegan pints such as Pancakes & Waffles, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Birthday Cake, Peanut Butter Cup, and Cinnamon Roll.
2. So DeliciousWe’re longtime fans of So Delicious—the iconic brand’s Snickerdoodle Cashewmilk will always have a special place in our hearts and stomachs—but when the company debuted its mousse collection in 2018, we hastily made room in our freezer for these 300-330 calorie pints. All seven flavors are luxuriously light and airy, and the silky smooth mousse melts on the tongue bite after bite. Dig your spoon into the Peanut Butter Swirl, Salted Caramel Swirl, and Strawberry Swirl to start.
3. EnlightenedLike Halo Top, Enlightened began as a low-calorie dairy brand and has evolved into a vegan-friendly company with its latest line of non-dairy pints. The low-sugar, low-calorie options range from 80-100 calories per serving, or 320-400 calories per pint. The seven creamy flavors range from classics such as Chocolate Peanut Butter and Cookies & Mint to more indulgent-sounding options such as Chocolate Almond Macaron, Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Bun, and Candy Bar Crunch. Maybe you should invest in a second freezer to hold them all.
4. Arctic ZeroComing in as the lightest of the bunch, one pint of non-dairy Arctic Zero contains fewer calories than a single serving of premium full-fat vegan ice cream. Flavors range from 160-320 calories per pint. Of the nine non-dairy flavors, the ones with a chocolate base are our favorite. Get a taste of the Cherry Chocolate Chunk, Brownie Batter Blast, and Pure Chocolate first, then venture on to the other flavors—if you can resist your new chocolatey favorite!
5. Snow MonkeyIce cream for breakfast? No judgment here! Snow Monkey is a superfood-based vegan ice cream brand developed by two college athletes. Not only are the pints low-calorie (390-405 per pint), they’re also high in protein and nutrients. Each flavor derives its natural sweetness from puréed fruit and a bit a maple syrup, and the 21 grams of protein comes from the all-powerful hemp seed. Flavors range from light and refreshing to downright decadent, including Acai Berry and Passion Fruit to pure, unadulterated chocolatey Cacao. We’ll take a scoop of each … in a vegan waffle cone … with sprinkles!
Tanya Flink is a Digital Editor at VegNews as well as a writer and fitness enthusiast living in Orange County, CA.